So, nearly a week in Prague so far! Here are my first impressions:
- Old Town: Beautiful, if a bit crowded. It is the peak of tourist season, after all. I look forward to the colder months, when it empties out leaving more of it to be shared between the locals and the expats (like me!)
- My part of the city (Praha 5): Something like NYC, except less insane. It's way more relaxed.
- Public Trasportation (metro, buses, trams, etc): Awesome. Easy to use. Not squeaky-clean like some places I've been to, but definitely cleaner than Manhattan. And the busses are much more on-time than Ithaca's T-Cat. Did I mention easy to use?
- Beer: One stereotype about the Czech Republic is that here the beer is cheaper than water. In most cases, that is in fact true. And it is so much better than anything State-side (referring to Czech beers on draught).
- The Caledonian School: Good teachers (esp. Andrea), good classmates, and the Czech guinea-pig students are very receptive and eager to learn. Have good feelings about this.
That's all for now.. Dobrou noc!
About This Blog
Essentially a travel journal, this blog is a collection of pictures, anecdotes, and occasional useful information gleaned from my experiences trying to see all there is to see. The other blog I author, Taschen, focuses on medieval purses and bags. I am also a major contributor to the New York Historical Fencing Association's blog.
05 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment