About This Blog

Essentially a travel journal, this blog is a collection of pictures, anecdotes, and occasional useful information gleaned from my experiences trying to see all there is to see. The other blog I author, Taschen, focuses on medieval purses and bags. I am also a major contributor to the New York Historical Fencing Association's blog.

03 February 2009

Initial thoughts on Nürnberg

In a word, amazing. The Old Town was beautiful and quite better-suited for pedestrian traffic than Prague.

I had planned on doing a ton of things, but truth be told there was just faaar too much to see and do. Out of everything I had originally put on the itinerary, Rebecca and I ended up going to just three museums. But what museums they were! The Germanisches Nationalmuseum wins the "Best Museum Ever" award to date, both for its extensive and varied medieval collections and because they allow photography! The Albrecht Dürer house and the Kaiserburg-Museum were awesome as well.

The hostel was perfectly situated on the edge of the Old Town (literally, right inside the medieval city walls), and just around the corner from the Germanisches Nationalmuseum. And, if you so desired, the local red light district was only a brisk walk in the other direction.

More posts to follow!

No comments: